I'm not sure how to use this, or why I did this..but here I am. I'll probably mostly post about things that LMC is doing, has done, or will be doing.
I like to wait until dance versions and live versions come out before I really can get a feel for a song. Because I’m always drawn into the videos because of interesting choreography, it sometimes takes me a little longer to determine what I think about a new comeback.
With Danger, I liked the MV but it probably wasn’t one of my favorites of theirs. I like the dark and wild concept and I think they did really good with it. The guys are awesome in it. But overall I think I am preferring their live performances over the MV. The choreography is visually interesting and you get to see more of that in the live performances.
The song took a couple listenings too and it is probably one of my favorites now. Overall I’m liking this comeback a lot!
Its a hard question because there are elements of lots of choreography that I really enjoy. So I decided to narrow it down to the dance moves I find myself mimicking whenever the song comes on my player or moves that I could watch over and over again without ever growing tired of them.
1. VIXX - Voodoo, Eternity and Hyde. These three songs each have moves that I love watching. The entire choreogrphy of Hyde is just interesting overall. I love the use of the needle in the Voodoo choreo as well as the part where they toss Ken over their heads and with eternity it is fun to do the Body wave. Plus I love the move where they raise Ken up from the ground.
2. Girls Day “Something”. It’s just a fun dance to do when the song comes on. I have this video on my tablet and every time it comes on I can’t help but get up and move.
3. EXO - Overdose and Growl. The Growl music video is one of my favorites ever because of the no-cut of the camera work. The choreo is interesting to watch and the way they follow the camera is just cool. Overdose has some fun elements including the head bobbing, the jump rope move and the way they do the part when they are all in a line and move at different times to create a wave effect.
4. U-kiss - Forbidden Love and Neverland. Forbidden love…what can we say. THere are some sexy dance moves in that choreo. and Neverland has a special place in my heart as my first kpop love. I could watch the dance version of that video over and over again.
5. BTS - Boy in Luv. I love the choreo during the chorus of this song. I always find myself doing the hand moves whenever the song comes on.
I also enjoy some of the choreo to Got7’s “Girls Girls Girls”, “Ringa Linga” and “Fantastic baby”.
I’ve been thinking about this question a lot and I really don’t have an answer as far as what the best con overall would be. I’ve had so many that were memorable were various reasons. So I’ll tell you a few of my favorite moments.
1. Dragoncon 2013. I got picked up by John Barrowman while I was wearing the 10th doctor cosplay and had my photo taken. It was amazing that he did it and the photo is one of my favorite things ever. Overall that was the best Dragoncon I’ve had. I got to hang out with lots of people. I had a good hotel room. I had a lot of fun in the Doctor Who section of the parade. And I won my first Dragoncon award with my Lelouch cosplay.
2. Otakon 2013. Best in Show for our Hitman Reborn skit at the masquerade. We did the skit for fun and it was basically just us making fun of ourselves. The fact that we took home BiS is still a complete shock to me. It’s the biggest convention I’ve ever won at and for a skit that I wrote to take home that kind of award at its 20th anniversary..just amazing.
3. Nekocon 2009. Our very first Best in Show. I’ve never gotten such an amazing award for a skit I wrote and it was once again, a complete shock. I was in tears when they announced our names because I couldn’t believe it. It was the start of a wonderful streak. Last Minute Cosplay has won at least one BiS every year since then.
4. Every Animamzement ever. AZ is my home convention and every year is always fun and memorable. From doing skits to cosplay chess to just selling in the dealer’s room and hanging with friends. I’ve always met the best people at AZ and it will forever be one of my favorite conventions to attend.
I’ve had so many amazing memories and this year I will be attending my 100th convention. A convention is only as good as the people you spend it with and I think the reason I have so many great memories is because of my friends, all of Last Minute Cosplay and all the other anime fans that attend. So thank you to everyone for making things memorable!